New Delhi. Nowadays most of the people have their own car. Not only adults, now the hobby of driving cars has also increased so much among children that children take cars on the road and catch them. Many times parents also give the keys of the car in the hands of the children, but it is not necessary to know only how to drive the car. You should also know what to do in case of an emergency (How to stop a vehicle if brakes fail) when a moving car breaks down or brakes fail. Today, in this news, we will tell you such tips by which you will be able to keep both yourself and the car safe by stopping the car safely in case of brake failure in a moving car. So let’s know what you have to do when the brakes of the car fail.
Do these measures when the brakes of a moving car fail
- If the brakes of your car fail, then you have to keep yourself calm. Slow down the speed by slowly downshifting the gear of the car without panicking. If you are driving on fifth gear, then move towards the lower gear one by one. Along with this, keep pressing the brake again and again so that the brakes get the right pressure and the brakes start working again.
- Whenever the brake of your car fails, during this time you should light the hazard lights of your vehicle. This will let the vehicles running around you know and give way to you. Apart from this, you should continuously signal others with horn, indicator and headlamps-dipper.
- Do not accidentally bring reverse gear or use accelerator during brake failure of the car. You only use the clutch during this. You should also turn on the air conditioner because AC puts pressure on the engine and the speed decreases slightly.
- If your car is stuck in first or second gear, you can also stop the car by pulling the handbrake directly. Make sure that there is no vehicle behind you. Never apply handbrake in high speed, there is a danger of overturning of the vehicle.
- If you have sand or mud around, you can drive over it. This will reduce the speed of the car. Also keep in mind that the vehicle is under your control.