Publish Date: | Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:27 PM (IST)
Mahindra Scorpio-N Launch: The country’s well-known auto company Mahindra has launched the new model Scorpio-N of its popular vehicle Scorpio in India. Currently, it has been launched at an initial price of Rs 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom). At the same time, the price of its top model is Rs.19.49 lakh (ex-showroom). This is the range of 4×2 manual variants of all the SUVs. The company is yet to announce the prices of its automatic and 4×4 variants. Their prices will be announced on July 21, 2022. Mahindra also said that these are the starting prices for the SUV, and will be applicable only for the first 25,000 bookings. Obviously the prices will go up after that. On the occasion of its launch, Anand Mahindra tweeted, “Cars are the superstars in our industry and superstars should be welcomed in the same way.”
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) June 27, 2022
Know its specialty
- It has been launched in 5 different variants. The Z2 has been introduced as an initial variant.
- It is powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, mStallion turbo petrol engine and generates 200 bhp and 380 Nm of peak torque (370 Nm in manual).
- The diesel variant will be powered by a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine, which will generate 130 bhp power and 300Nm torque.
- At the same time, the 2.2 liter diesel engine will generate 175hp power and 370Nm torque.
- This SUV is available in 6MT and 6AT transmission options.
- On the other hand, this engine generates 172 bhp power in the Z4 variant and above.
- Apart from this, there are also variants of Z4, Z6, Z8 and Z8L, which come with additional features.
- It is 4,662mm long, 1,917mm wide and 2,780mm high and this SUV is offered with wheel sizes of 17 and 18 inches.
The midsize SUV offers electric sunroof, wireless charger, cruise control, adjustable seats, rear wheel drive as well as all wheel drive option, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, connected car technology, dual zone climate control, multiple airbags and premium sound system from Sony. Like it will be equipped with all the modern and safety features. Mahindra also announced that the Scorpio-N has the lowest CO2 emission in the segment.
The bookings for the Scorpio-N will commence on July 30, 2022 and is set to be sold internationally. It will be available soon in India, South Africa and Nepal, while in other international markets, this SUV will knock in 2023.