New Delhi. Discussions about the presidential election have been in full swing in the country for a long time. The term of the current President Ram Nath Kovind ends on July 24 and the country will get a new President on the 25th of next month. In such a situation, the process of election of the new President has started from the 15th of this month. The last date for filing nominations for the presidential election is June 29. In this election, Yashwant Sinha’s name has been approved by the opposition as a presidential candidate. At the same time, Daupadri Murmu has been chosen as the presidential candidate from the ruling party.
Former Jharkhand Governor Draupadi Murmu filed her nomination for the post of President on behalf of NDA today. During the nomination, many veteran leaders of the party including PM Modi, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh and Home Minister Amit Shah were also present there. Draupadi Murmu has filed her nomination in 4 sets. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh, JP Nadda, Lalan Singh, Pashupati Paras, Renu Devi and Tarkishore Prasad were the proposers for Draupadi Murmu’s presidential candidacy. Murmu also paid tributes at the statues of Mahatma Gandhi, Dr Ambedkar and Birsa Munda in Parliament before filing his nomination for the post of President. Let us tell you, on Thursday before the nomination, NDA candidate Draupadi Murmu met PM Modi, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh, Home Minister Shah and BJP President JP Nadda.
— ANI (@ANI) June 24, 2022
Jagan came in support of Draupadi
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday announced that his party will extend support to NDA’s Draupadi Murmu in the presidential election. Behind supporting CM Jagan believes that supporting Murmu is related to his ideology of always emphasizing on representation of SC, ST, BC and minority communities.
These parties are also supporting Murmu
- The Biju Janata Dal of Odisha has already announced the support of Murmu.
- Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) has also announced support.
- All India Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram, an organization of RSS, has termed the decision of making Murmu as the candidate for the post of President as historic.
- Sikkim Chief Minister and Sikkim Krantikari Morcha President Prem Singh Tamang has also given support.
- The Hindustani Awam Morcha of Bihar has also announced its support.
- LJP (Ram Vilas) has also announced support for Murmu.