The decision was taken in view of the problems being faced after the creation of the new website, the Finance Minister asked to remove all the damages of the website by 15 September.
The CBDT has decided to extend the deadline for income tax returns in view of the many problems being faced in electronic filing. Taxpayers have been facing technical issues since the new website of Income Tax Department was created and they have been complaining about it frequently. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has given Infosys time till September 15 to completely fix the website. In such a situation, in view of all these problems, this decision has been taken. CBDT has issued a circular in this regard and tweeted the information from the official Twitter handle.
On consideration of difficulties reported by taxpayers & other stakeholders in electronic filing of certain Forms under the IT Act, 1961, CBDT has further extended the due dates for electronic filing of such Forms. CBDT Circular No.16/2021 dated 29.08.2021 issued. pic.twitter.com/iOadU8ImUQ
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) August 29, 2021
Let us once tell you in detail all the information given in the circular:
Which form deadline has been extended for Form 10A u/s 10(23C), 12A, 35(1)(ii)/(ii)/(iii) or 80G of Income Tax Last date of registration or notification 30 June 2021 Which has been extended till 31st March 2022.
- The last date for registration or approval in Form 10AB under Section 10(23C), 12A or 80G of the Income Tax Act, which was earlier 28 February 2022, has been extended to 31 March 2022.
- The deadline for uploading the declaration of receipt in Form 15G/15H during the first quarter of FY 2021-22 has been extended from July 15, 2021 to November 30, 2021.
- The deadline for uploading of declarations received from recipients in Form No. 15G/15H during the second quarter of FY 2021-22 has been extended from October 15, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
- The last date for filing Equalization Levy Statement in Form No. 1 for the financial year 2020-21 has been extended from 31 August 2021 to 31 December 2021.
- The last date for submission of Form No. 15CC Quarters for submission by the Authorized Dealer in respect of remittances for the first quarter of FY 2021-22 has been extended from August 31, 2021 to November 30, 2021.
- The last date for submission of Form No. 15CC Quarterly Statement to be submitted by the Authorized Dealer in respect of remittances for the second quarter of the financial year 2021-22 has been extended from October 15, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
- Form No. for the quarter ended 30 June 2021. The last date for reporting by pension funds on investments made in 10BBB in the country has now been extended from July 31, 2021 to November 30, 2021.
Sovereign Wealth Fund
- The last date for issue of Form II SWF intimation for the first quarter of FY 2021-22, which was 15 July 2021 in respect of investments made by Sovereign Wealth Funds in the country, has been extended to 30 November 2021.
- The last date for submission of Form II SWF information for the second quarter of the financial year 2021-22 in respect of investments made by Sovereign Wealth Fund in the country was 31 October 2021, which has been extended to 31 December 2021.