From September 20 to October 6, tarpan can be done to the ancestors
This time Shradh Paksha will be from 20th September to 6th October. It is believed that our ancestors are pleased by donating Pind Daan for the peace of the souls of the ancestors and their blessings remain on us. How the tradition of Shradh started and how it reached the common people, what things should be kept in mind during this. Many things have been said about this in our religious texts. Today we are going to tell you some interesting stories related to Shradh Paksha. The first sermon of Shradh was given by Atri Muni to Maharishi Nimi.
According to the Mahabharata, Maharishi Nimi was first taught Shradh by the great ascetic Atri Muni. In this way first Nimi started Shradh, then other Maharishi also started performing Shradh. Gradually people of all the four castes started feeding the ancestors in Shradh. The deities and ancestors were completely satisfied with the daily food of Shradh. The ancestors got indigestion due to the continuous eating of Shradh and because of this they started suffering, then they went to Brahmaji and asked him to please have mercy on us. After listening to the ancestors, Brahma said, Agnidev is sitting next to me, he will do you good. Agnidev said fathers. From now on we will have food together in Shradh. Your indigestion goes away by being with me. Hearing this, the gods and ancestors were pleased. Therefore, first part of the fire is given in Shradh.
Special care should be taken of these things during Shradh Paksha.
- Shradh should not be performed in someone else’s house. Shradh can be performed on river, mountain, pilgrimage etc.
- Chana, garlic, onion, black flour, black salt, mustard, mustard etc. should not be eaten in Shradh.
- According to Vayu Purana, non-vegetarian and alcohol should be avoided during Shradh, otherwise the ancestors get angry.
- Shradh should not be performed while sitting on an iron seat. Asanas made of silk, blanket, wood, kusha etc. are best.
- Body massage or oil massage should not be done during Shradh Paksha. Paan should not be eaten these days.
- Shaving karma i.e. cutting hair, shaving or cutting nails etc. is also prohibited during Shradh Paksha.
- According to religious scriptures, women should not participate in marriage during Shradh Paksha. Don’t even think about it.