US President Donald Trump has once again claimed that he has stopped turning the war between India and Pakistan into a “nuclear war”, as he threatened to impose tariffs and refused any trade agreement if he did not agree on the ceasefire.
Trump’s latest comments came during a cabinet meeting at the White House on Tuesday, where he also claimed that he had spoken to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The US President said, “I spoke to a very brilliant person, Narendra Modi. I asked, ‘What is going on between you and Pakistan?’ He was strong. It has been going on for a very long time, sometimes by different names for hundreds of years. “
He further said, “I said, I do not want to make any business compromise with you. You are going to get entangled in nuclear war. I said, call me again tomorrow. But we will not make any compromise with you, otherwise we will put so much tariff on you that your head will rotate.”
Trump further said, “This work is completed within five hours. It may start again, but if this happens, I will stop it.”
Trump also claimed that “seven or perhaps even more jet aircraft” were killed, but he did not say which country they were talking about.
Trump’s comment came only a few hours before the new tariff of 50 percent on Indian goods came into force from August 27.
Speaking to the press at the White House on Monday, Trump claimed that he had stopped seven wars worldwide, including the war between India and Pakistan. He further said that four of the seven wars he stopped stopped because he used tariffs and business to interact with the parties involved in the struggle.
On May 10, when Trump announced on social media that India and Pakistan “have agreed to” full and immediate “ceasefire after a” long night “negotiations in Washington’s mediation, since then he has reiterated his claim that he has helped to” solve “tension between India and Pakistan.
India has been continuously saying that agreed to end enmity with Pakistan has been created after direct talks between the Directorate General of Military Operations of the two armies (DGMO).
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said in Parliament that the leader of any country did not ask India to stop the operation vermilion. External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has clearly stated that there was no third party intervention in organizing a ceasefire with Pakistan during Operation Sindoor.