New Delhi. A hearing was held in the Supreme Court today in the case related to the film Udaipur files. A bench of Justices Suryakant and Justice Joymalya Bagchi heard the petition filed by Mohammad Javed and the film’s producers filed against the ban on the release of the film. The Supreme Court said that the decision on the release of the film should be increased or not will be pronounced tomorrow i.e. on Friday. Earlier, the Central Government Committee had approved the release of the film with 6 cuts (commensions). But Jamiat Ulema -e -Hind and Mohammad Javed raised the demand for a ban on release, calling it insufficient.
Earlier on July 21, the Central Government had informed the court that it passed an order on petitions seeking amendment in the CBFC certification given to the film. Film producer’s lawyer Gaurav Bhatia said that the report of the panel has been produced in the court. On this, Arshad Madani’s lawyer Kapil Sibal said that we have lodged our objection to the panel report. At the same time, Sibal raised the question that all the members of the panel are people of CBFC and they are also associated with the political party BJP. Sibal said that they are all members of CBFC and all are part of the same organization. Sibal said that everything in the film spews poison against the community that has been targeted.
On the other hand, on behalf of the central government, SG Tushar Mehta said that this accused is the same who posted himself on Facebook after cutting Kanhaiyalal’s throat. While defending the accused Javed, his lawyer Maneka Guruswami said that he is not guilty. He is just 19 years old and he did not post anything. Please tell that this film is based on the murder of Kanhaiyalal, a tailor of Udaipur. Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind president Maulana Arshad Madani and Mohammad Javed (an accused in the Kanhaiya Lal murder case) objected to the film’s release. Jamiat Ulema -e -Hind filed a petition in the Delhi High Court against the film, the High Court had interim -banned the release of the film.