You must have seen some people humming often. People keep humming while eating, cooking, working on laptop or while taking bath or walking. Surely you too must be doing this sometimes. Often people do this when they get lost in old memories or are very happy about something. Humming in this way is called ‘humming meditation’. Actually, while humming, people do not know how beneficial it is for their health. Humming provides various benefits to the body. When you hum, you feel happy, refreshed and light. By doing this your mind remains engaged. You complete your work with full attention and quickly. Let us know what is humming meditation and what are the benefits of it.
What is humming meditation?
Humming meditation means meditating on something. When you hum something, your attention goes somewhere else. You keep humming and this is called meditation. In humming meditation your body starts vibrating. Vibration occurs mainly in your brain cells. This relieves stress and you feel good. Humming also relieves fatigue.
Benefits of humming meditation
- If you keep humming, it reduces stress and the body feels very relaxed.
- Humming causes vibration in the body, which keeps blood pressure in check and the body remains fit.
- Humming meditation reduces and prevents the production of high stress hormones in the body.
- People who keep humming often get better sleep and have less restlessness.
- By doing this, happy hormones increase in the body which helps in strengthening immunity.
- People who hum are very creative, it helps in concentrating the mind.
- Humming meditation helps in improving memory power and improves memory.
How to do humming meditation
- If you are doing it as meditation, then sit in a quiet place and keep the spine and neck straight.
- Now close your eyes and take a deep breath, relax the body.
- Close your lips and take a deep breath and then exhale slowly through your nose while humming.
- You have to keep humming the whole time while exhaling.
- After exhaling completely, take a deep breath and then exhale while humming.
- This has to be done for 1 minute at a time and then repeat it for 15-20 times.
If your throat is hoarse due to cold or you are troubled by sore throat, adopt these home remedies.
Latest Lifestyle News