Earthquake caused havoc in Myanmar
Mandalay: More than 700 Namazis died due to an earthquake of 7.7 magnitude in Myanmar during the prayers of Jumme in Ramadan. This has been claimed by a Muslim organization in Myanmar. Tun Ki, a member of the Steering Committee of ‘Spring Revolution Myanmar Muslim Network’, said on Monday that about 60 mosques have been damaged or destroyed due to an earthquake of 7.7 magnitude near Mandalay, the second largest city in the country.
Mosques collapsed
It is not yet clear whether this number of people killed in mosques is involved in the official number of more than 1,700 people killed in the earthquake so far. In the video posted on ‘The Irawadi’ online news site, many mosques are seen falling during the earthquake and people are seen running here and there. Tun Ki said that the buildings of most of the damaged mosques were old.
Earthquake caused havoc in Myanmar
Meanwhile, let us also tell here that the number of people killed due to earthquake in Myanmar and after the bodies were removed have increased to more than 1,700. The country’s military -led government has given this information on Monday. Government spokesperson Major General Jin Min Tun told the government TV channel ‘MRTV’ that the number of people killed due to the earthquake has increased to more than 1,700. He said that 3,400 people have been injured and more than 300 people are missing. A 7.7 magnitude earthquake in Myanma on Friday afternoon has caused heavy losses at several other places including the capital Neepeita and the country’s second largest city Mandalay.
Also read:
Things are frightening after the earthquake in Myanmar, more than 1700 people died so far; Thousands injured
Earth trembled with more than 300 atomic bombs in Myanmar, American geologist gave war
Latest World News