Earthquake in Myanmar: The 7.7 magnitude earthquake in Myanmar last week has caused devastating havoc. The death toll in this natural disaster has exceeded 2,700 and thousands of people are injured. This fierce earthquake has affected a large part of Myanmar, where many buildings have collapsed and the streets, bridges have been broken. However, some lives have also been saved, in which the news of the 63 -year -old woman was taken out of the debris after 91 hours showed a ray of hope.
Woman rescue from building debris
A 63 -year -old woman buried in the rubble was rescued after an earthquake on Friday in Myanmar’s capital, Nepeita. The fire department of Myanmar said that the woman was completely safely evacuated, but the expectations about others trapped in the debris are now getting low.
Fear of increasing death toll
Experts say that the chances of finding survivors after 72 hours of the disaster are greatly reduced. Mines Having, head of Myanmar’s military government, said 2,719 people have died due to the earthquake, while 4,521 people have been injured and 441 people are missing.
Destructive impact and difficulty in relief work
The earthquake affected a large portion of Myanmar, which has broken the contact with electricity, mobile networks and roads. This has made it difficult to assess the damage caused by disaster. UNICEF Deputy Representative Julia Rees said, “The need for emergency help is constantly increasing, and there is a huge shortage of clean water, food and medical materials in the affected areas.”
Fierce death of Buddhist monks
The fire department of Myanmar said that 403 people have been rescued so far from Mandalay, the center of the earthquake, while 259 bodies have been recovered. In addition, 50 Buddhist monks died due to the collapse of a building and more than 150 people are feared to be buried in the rubble.