NDRF team performing rescue operations in Myanmar.
Mandalay (Myanmar): The Indian team is carrying out relief and rescue operations under adverse circumstances in Myanmar last Friday and after that the Indian team reached the help of 7.7 magnitude; At the same time, they are also winning their hearts by respecting the feelings of the local people. An example of this was seen in Mandalay while removing a dead body from debris. Seeing the dead body trapped in the debris, it seemed that the woman and her child were hit by the earthquake when they were offering prayers.
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel pulled back from taking back the dead body at this disaster site near Street 86A in the former royal capital Mandle. A member of the NDRF said, “The body started rotting as the time passed. The family realized that they lack expertise to completely remove the body, so they started hesitating. His initial reluctance later turned into an appeal. ”He said that NDRF personnel resumed their work, took out the body of the woman carefully and maintained the dignity of her last posture of Namaz.
People are applauding the Indian team
A senior NDRF official present on the spot told ‘PTI-Bhasha’, “Those who were hesitating to accept help, now they are not tired of expressing gratitude.” In Myanma, Deputy Commander Kunal Tiwari, Deputy Commander of NDRF Search and Rescue Campaign Team, said that the team has been trained in the body management. Adam Hussain (65) said that the earthquake came when the Muslims were offering goodbye to the last juma (Friday) of Ramadan. The city of Mandalay is divided into four sectors- Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta for relief and rescue operations. Local authorities have allocated delta to India, while the other three sectors are being handled by China, Russia and Myanmar Fire Services Department.
Thanks to the Government of India
The NDRF team has launched a campaign on 11 of the 15 workplaces allotted in Mandalay and so far about 30 bodies have been taken out. Hussain said, “We are very satisfied with the efforts made by India. My daughter, who was seriously injured, has been successfully operated at Field Hospital established by the Indian Army. ”The elderly man was emotional and praised the Indian rescuers. The Indian Army has also established a field hospital in the city. About 200 patients have been treated in the first two days of its operation, out of which 34 have been admitted for further care.
More than 3000 people killed in earthquake so far
Lieutenant Colonel Jagneet Gill, Commanding Officer of Sixty Para Field Hospital, said, “The locals have been coming here since knowing about the hospital. Apart from earthquake victims, other people are also coming for treatment and we are happily treating them. “Local resident 25-year-old Umar Malik said,” Indians are helping us. We are looking for our family members in the rubble. We are grateful to Indians for helping us in this difficult time. ”Myanmar and her neighbor Thailand had earthquakes on Friday (last place of Ramadan month) and more than 3000 people have died of earthquake in Myanma alone. (Language)
Latest World News