New Delhi. Google is the largest tech company in the world. Whether it is a search engine, or gadgets, or softwares, Google is providing the best and advanced technology to the users in every field. Along with this, from time to time, Google also provides new technology and features to the users, which increases the interest of the users. Recently Google has added a new feature to the desktop version of its search engine. With the help of this feature, users will now be able to use dark mode on the Google search page. This information was given through a post on Google’s support website.
What is this feature?
With this feature, users will be able to set their screen display to dark mode while searching on Google on their desktop. It will get 3 options of Dark, Light and Device Default. Dark and light mode can also be turned on/off automatically by setting the time from the default setting.
Also read – Google Lens will soon be available on the desktop version of Chrome
The Dark Mode feature has started to be available to the users from 9th September 2021 and in the coming weeks this feature will be available to all the users.
This feature on mobile is from May 2020.
Also read – Google is going to shut down Google Book, know what will happen to the users
Steps to Activate Dark Mode on Google Search on Desktop
- First of all open Google.com in your web browser.
- Then click on Settings on the top right.
- Then click on Appearance. If the Appearance option is not found directly, then first click on Search Settings and click on Appearance there.
- Now you will get 3 options of Device Default, Dark and Light. From this click on Dark.
- After that click on Save at the bottom. Now the setting of dark mode has been activated and the screen will remain in dark mode during Google search.
Also read – New feature coming in Google, will ‘alert’ users on search results