Information given by tweeting by UIDAI, address on Aadhar card can be changed using offline mode apart from online
If you also want to change your address in your Aadhar card, then this news is very special for you. UIDAI has changed the rules for updating Aadhar card. According to which now no one can make changes in their Aadhar card without any address proof. Information was given about this by tweeting by UIDAI.
Prior to this, these rules were relaxed by UIDAI for a long time. On the basis of which you could get the address updated even without the address proof. But now again these rules have been tightened. Now if you want to change the address in your Aadhar card, then you will have to provide an address proof for that. Let us know what is the whole process by which you can get changes in your address proof.
If you want to make any changes in your Aadhar card by applying online, then you can follow the following steps.
- After that enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number. Then enter the security code or captcha code.
- After that click on the option of ‘Send OTP’.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar, which is to be entered.
- After that click on ‘Login’.
- Your Aadhaar details will be displayed on the screen as soon as you login.
- In this, change your address and upload the scanned copy of any one of the given 32 documents and submit it.
On the other hand, if you want to apply offline, for that you have to follow the steps given below.
- Fill the Aadhar card update form by visiting your nearest Aadhar center.
- Submit the form and give your biometrics for verification.
- The employee will give you a receipt, containing an Update Request Number (URN).
- Aadhaar updation status can be tracked using this URN.